Thursday, May 14, 2009

So Blessed!

Well, it is about 11:30pm on Thursday night....the night before we close on our new house. Obviously I cannot sleep because of the excitement that is in store for tomorrow. However, that was not the only thing keeping me up and I felt an extreme need to write about it.


The past couple weeks have been so hectic with preparing for this house that tonight as I was laying in bed saying my bedtime prayers I just layed there praising God for His many blessings. And NO! I am not talking about the purchase of our new house.


God has blessed me with the most wonderful family! As I was laying there I was watching Matt sleep...and I just thanked God for the wonderful man laying next to me. Sure, he has his issues....for example, he seems to be sweating really bad tonight and everytime I tuck the sheets between us so he won't soak me....he loosens them all back up so he can snuggle his sweaty self all over me. And as disgusting as that may sound....THANK YOU GOD for this wonderful, sweaty husband of mine who will take a chance at slipping right off me for just an opportunity to cuddle. I LOVE THIS MAN MORE THAN ANY OF YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!


Then I layed there and thought of my precious Hailee. She had a fever of 102.8 today. I cannot handle seeing my sweet little princess just lay there burning up! The doctor said she would be fine, thank goodness. But I just love her so much too. She is such a go-getter. She can own a room when she walks in the door. The other day, Matt shaved off his beard and Hailee looked at him and shook her head while saying, "You've got to be kidding me!" then she rolled her eyes! I could just eat her up! And yet at nearly 5 years old, this little girl knows her daddy in Heaven already. She talks to Jesus like she can see Him sitting right next to her. What Faith! She told me the other day that she has a "secret place" where only Jesus and her can be and she said, "Mommy?!?! Do you know where it is?" And I said no....wanting to hear her cute little 5 year old answer....and the answer I got was not that of a 5 year old but that of a little girl who knows her maker personally...she said, "It's right here in my heart!" And she patted her heart proudly like she herself was introducing me to Him. Now what parent would not be proud of a moment like that! Oh, I love her so much it brings tears to my eyes!


But then there is Taylor. I am SO proud of the little gentleman he is becoming. He is so caring and compassionate....even to Hailee, but only when she is sick!! Tay's friend Adam is going through a very hard time right now. His dad has been in and out of the hospital for many months now and now just a few weeks ago we found out that his mom has breast cancer and had to have surgery. These people have such incredible faith and strength that it makes the David and Goliath story look like a joke! My son, too has such incredible faith. He prays daily for that family and not just at dinnertime or bedtime. We were riding in the car the other and he asked me if we could pray for the Baar Family. So we did...and I was reminded of what trully matters in this life. Because, I too pray for the Baars frequently....but I am embarrassed to say that I have spent just as much time in prayer for the sale of this house to go through. And it took my 7 year old future preacher :) to remind me of what life is all about! I LOVE this child and am SO proud of who he is becoming.


Then there's Briella. Where should I start? She is so full of life that sometimes I just have to sit and watch her so I can make a memory of her spirit at this young age. She's catching on to sibling rivalry....although she's becoming the attacker not the victim. She is constantly pulling Hailee's hair or she'll try to tackle Tay...which doesn't work to well. She is just the sweetest little lady and I can't get enough of cuddling her in my arms.


And let's not forget baby #4. You mothers out there can relate to the undescribable power of a mother's love to an unborn baby. Lately, I have just been holding my belly and taking in the moments of pure fascination. Really, can you even believe that our God is so incredible that he can develop this child inside me and prepare it for the world outside....and yet he knows the number of hairs on this child's head and knows how long this child will be a blessing to others on our earth. WOW!! I can't even wrap my mind around it! I sit and wonder what will he/she be like. I think about how am I going to teach this young child to fall in love with the "man of my life"....and I'm talkin' about the "big man upstairs!"


Really that is all I want in this life! I want my children to love their Heavenly Father with ALL their hearts! That is my daily goal when I see these children each morning. How can I help them find their Saviour and grow to love HIM more than they love me!


I thank GOD for these blessings of my family! I could die today and have all I ever needed here on earth! This family is what makes my life worth living. I don't need a big beautiful house to feel blessed or happy....All I need is them....and I'd still be just as blessed in this life if I were homeless as long as I have my family! I thank God for helping me keep my focus on what is most important!

3 comments:

girl meets carpenter said...

LOVE this post...love your kids... love Matt :)

girl meets carpenter said...

oops! love you too!!

Jason and Kristin Hunderman said...

I love your kids too Katie..their all SO cute! :) Can't wait to meet Emmert Baby #4!