Friday, September 11, 2009

My Child of God

I was kissing my girls good night tonight and as I was standing in their doorway closing the door I heard Taylor talking. I kind of figured Matt was in there but as I got closer I noticed he wasn't and then I noticed Tay had his little eyes closed and he was praying. Talk about a lump in your throat! I could've bawled right there!! There is nothing more precious than catching your little boy praying. He had no idea I was even there until he sayed "Amen" and opened his eyes. I asked him what he prayed about and he was so non-chalant..."oh....sick people that I know....and stuff like that...."

I like to picture the big smile painted on Jesus' face as He just reclines there at the God's right hand. I imagine God looking down at His Son and saying "doesn't that feel good to see your boy praying to ya?" I think God would say "ya"....maybe not....but either way I'm giving him a good chuckle as He hears me out on this.

No comments: